Thursday, August 16, 2007

Nostalgia

I am feeling very nostalgic today. I wish I was home with my peeps in Ecuador. Since I can't be there I have been looking at pictures from our trip last year and I found this one.

This was taken on a road trip along the coast. This town was called Montanita, which translates as "Little Mountain." We were standing in a church that was in the shape of a boat. It was opened to the air where you could see the ocean on one side and the town on the other. This is how high we were up this cliff.

Across the street was a school and I think they were leaving for lunch or something. Many of them came to the church to "hang out." Suddenly, one of the kids yells, "Ballena" which means whale. We all looked and a little far off we could see a few humpback whales in the distance. They come to these water to give birth. Then they head back North where the waters are colder. We were there towards the end of the season. It was amazing to see them.

Later on our trip to Ecuador we did get a boat out to sea and did see a mama and her baby pretty up close. The winds were bad and the pictures we took did not come out so great, but the kids still talk about the experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment