Thursday, August 30, 2007

Motivation

Since we heard of the news this week, my motivation to school has waned considerably. I don't want to teach another lesson in our school room. I want to be in a new house, in a new city, with all our stuff. This is just silly because as much as I have to do here, I still have to teach these peeps. I don't want to get further behind. We took way more time off this summer than I wanted. The peeps were having so much fun with friends I just could not bare to drag them away and back indoors to study Latin. We have always schooled year round but every year I find it harder and harder to do. Now that we are going to a new city, this summer I bet will be filled with exploring. I will miss the fall and spring of the South. It makes for really lovely weather. I have been checking out the blogs of other homeschoolers who live in the Northwest and it will be a change. But an exciting change. Today we got an official start date that gives me some breathing room. I can't get comfortable in that idea or I will slack.


Back to the homeschooling.....so I come down the stairs finally to see what my peeps have been doing all morning and this is the scene I find:


Oldest Peep is at our table working on her Homer, BY HERSELF!



Then Middle Peep shows me what Oldest Peep helped him with. He wrote better for her than for me! And he did a good job spelling...only one error.



Later I found her doing this. She was reading the lesson to her brothers.


I just love these peeps!!!!!!


Back to the moving.......


If you know me well, you know that I am not a person who stresses. And if you know Papa Peep you know he stresses enough for the both of us. Well we have had some sort of Freaky Friday thing happen. I am very stressed and worried and he is a calm, cool, and collected cucumber. I tell you I do not like it. Not at all!!!!



Now the peeps are unwinding after a long day's work.

They are watching some mindless Disney Channel show. They deserve it.

1 comment:

  1. i'm still crying. love the pictures of what i was able to see through my tears

    ReplyDelete