Monday, January 07, 2008

The Afghan Campaign by Steven Pressfield


I finished my first 888 Challenge book. I have to say I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Papa Peep is a big fan of Alexander the Great and he is the reason I picked this up. I thought I would give it to him to read. After getting it we all went to the Y and while the kids played I sat down with this book as it was all I had to read. The beginning grabbed me right away. The entire novel was fast paced. The details were just enough. Being a visual person the descriptions must paint a picture in my mind making it easier for me to relate. The stand the Afghans take against Alexander's army is understandable. Their code, their culture will accept no less. This review I found explains what I want to say much better than I can.
Now what to read next???

No comments:

Post a Comment