Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Lord of the Flies!

Today we had a rule free day. I allowed the children to do as they please with no answering to anyone. They could do what they wanted when they wanted. That included me as well. My little experiment worked as I thought it would.

10 year old daughter was begging in tears for rules by the middle of the day. The 8 year old and the 5 year old boys were living it up!
MEN!
Anyway, tomorrow all returns to normal. The Oldest Peep will have her scheduled day and the boys will fight the schedule all day long. I would be awful as an unschooler. I would either read blogs all day long or watch soaps all day. I need the schedule as much as the girl. I like checking off little boxes when they are done.
On another note, I received the Spanish program I ordered from Galore Park. I have been looking it over and am very impressed. It is exactly what I am looking for. I will be very happy to see where we are in a year with this. I have become obsessed with them learning Spanish. I am very upset they did not learn it from the beginning. OK I am upset I did not teach them from the beginning. But it is Papa Peep's fault for not making me do it! HA HA! He would laugh at that statement.
The Greek is going well also. They are very motivated to learn it. They like the funny letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment