Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Welcome!

Well, I have been thinking for a long time about starting a blog. I finally jumped in. I am not sure what direction I will take this except it will mostly be homeschooling I discuss. It will contain little insights into our days as we travel in this adventure.

First off, I have 3 children, ages 10, 8, and 5. They are the reason for everything in my life. We have been homeschooling since my oldest was about 3 years old. She begged for over a month to learn to read. I thought there was no way a 3 year old could read, but boy did she prove me wrong. And so the journey began.

So fast forward 7 years and here we still are. Now I am beginning the journey with the 5 year old. Each one has offered their own sets of challenges. They keep me on my toes to say the least. El gordo as I call him has been the most challenging for me so far. He is very bright and very stubborn. No idea where the stubborn comes from! It makes for interesting conversations. Slowly, slowly, we are making progress and I think he is starting to see the reason why he should learn to read. More on that later.......

For now, welcome and I hope, if nothing else, you get a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment