Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Funk

I am really not feeling very Christmasy this year. I find that every year I have less and less enthusiasm for the holiday. I hate fighting the traffic to the stores. I now do 90% of my gift buying online. I also hate having to come up with gift ideas. Am I a bad person? I don't know what you want and please stop asking what I want. If I want it, I will go buy it for myself or I really could do without! I rather just sit sipping some warm tea, listening to anything but Christmas music, reading a good book. Want to give me something, give me peace.

Let the soldiers come home and the Middle East work out it's problems without putting the blame on us or taking it's anger out on the rest of the world. Let the evils that are occurring in Africa disappear. Compassion and understanding for your fellow human is what I want for Christmas; environmental responsibility. The Earth can only last for so long, if we continue to abuse the natural resources it provides for us.

Do I ask for much? I really don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment